Hiring a Project Manager / Producer
MSLK, an award-winning boutique beauty branding studio, is seeking a Project Manager/Producer with 3+ years experience and experience/comfort working within a boutique design studio supervising both packaging & digital projects. In this role, the Project Manager/Producer will be working within a small team of well-regarded industry leaders to help indie beauty companies build brands from the ground up. This will include managing brand strategy, research, packaging, as well as digital marketing and web work. Only those that have the necessary experience should apply. A personal interest in beauty is a plus but not required.
This role is perfect for someone who enjoys working in a relaxed environment among people who are truly passionate about what they do. If you believe that beauty is everywhere, and strive for optimization in all forms you will be among like minds. If you enjoy working across a variety of tasks/media while deepening your knowledge of beauty and wellness, this position is sure to inspire you.
The Project Manager/Producer will work with MSLK’s Creative Director/Senior Strategist as well as independently to:
– Manage all MSLK clients and projects supervising the big-picture view of how all our projects are managed. This includes how the current workload, collectively and individually, impacts MSLK and our budgets, resources, schedules, responsiveness, client satisfaction, etc.
– Develop and write all necessary client communications (proposals, contracts, schedules, day-to-day emails, change orders, etc)
– Negotiate with clients and embrace and resolve any client or team-related conflicts
– Help and provide support Creative Director in select new business development efforts (while this is not a new business development role, candidate should be willing to help vet new prospects and provide support to team, as needed, in this area).
Required Skills and Qualifications:
– BA in Business, Marketing or Communications (or comparable degree/experience)
– 3+ years experience in a similar “command central” project management role within a small creative environment
– Experience with managing branding, packaging and digital projects a plus
– Extraordinarily organized and detail-oriented
– Proficient in MS Word and, ideally, brings some experience using Adobe Suite (particularly InDesign) and PowerPoint or Keynote; overall should be tech savvy (and a quick learner)
– Social-media savvy.
– Loves spreadsheets, list-making, and calendar management
– Strong multi-tasker and self-motivated
– Punctual and reliable
– Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
– 1+ experience in writing proposals (or comparable skills)
– Expertise and passion in people, budget and schedule management
– Graceful under pressure, yet comfortable in the “bad guy” role (in other words, prefers to embrace and resolve conflict and comfortable having tough conversations
– Tolerance or love of cats (we have an office pet)
MSLK is a branding agency based in NYC and LA that specializes in helping beauty brands find their voice in today’s crowded market, sending a unified message through 360° brand positioning — from overall brand strategy to brand identity, packaging, retail experience, websites, social media campaigns and sales. MSLK is led by its award-winning founder, who is an industry-expert, noted speaker, and has successfully mentored countless designers, interns and students.
Recent agency clients include: Amazing Lash Studio, Reserveage Nutrition, Joico Haircare, John Masters Organics, Dashing Diva Nails, in addition to numerous indie beauty brands in growth mode.
Located on a quiet residential street MSLK is purposely off the grid. Our office is full of bright light, high ceilings and music. We strive to capture the feeling of the classic art studio balancing long white clean work surfaces with lots of inspiration tacked up on our walls. We believe that everyone should be comfortable while they work and offer a full kitchen full of drinks and snacks combined with outdoor space to eat, drink and relax. Office outings to discover inspiration, studio games, and cocktails is not uncommon.