2009 Social Media Demographics and Statistics
Over the past year, MSLK has been very involved in the social media hype, figuring out the best strategies in using these medias to reach our clients and potential clients in creative ways. In light of the upcoming FGI presentation, we thought we would give you a sneak peak of various key statistics and demographics of users of blogs, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Read more to find out a few of the fun facts that we found. You can download a pdf of the presentation here.
1. 77% of internet users read blogs.
2. 133 million blogs have been indexed by Technorati since 2002.
1. The 50+ demographic increased by 922.7% in 2009 alone.
2. Each month, 70% of users engage with platform applications.
1. Most tweets occur between 10 and 11 pm on an average day.
2.Twitter users most often update on mobile devices.
1. Executives from all Fortune 500 companies are members.
2. A new member joins LinkedIn approximately every second.