Hiring a Marketing Strategist
MSLK, an award-winning boutique beauty branding studio, is seeking a Marketing Strategist with 3+ years experience to develop, drive, and execute the strategic and tactical marketing plans for our beauty clients. In addition, they will create and execute big picture activations to promote sales & brand awareness through all touchpoints while transforming trends into innovative marketing strategies. This can be a virtual position, but candidates should have experience with comparable marketing roles within beauty, preferable in a consultative role within a creative agency.
This role is perfect for someone who enjoys working in a relaxed environment among people who are truly passionate about what they do. If you believe that beauty is everywhere and strive for optimization in all forms you will be among like minds. If you enjoy working across a variety of tasks/media while deepening your knowledge of beauty and wellness, this position is sure to inspire you.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Recent agency clients include: Amazing Lash Studio, Alikay Naturals, Reserveage Nutrition, ColorProof Haircare, Joico Haircare, Lemyn Organics, Lavanila, John Masters Organics, Tiber River Naturals in addition to numerous indie beauty brands in growth mode.
Title: Marketing Strategist
Salary: $75-,000-85,000 (25-30 hours per week, salary adjusted to reduced
Meeting Commitment: 30%
Travel Commitment: 5%
Billable Efficiency: 70%
As an integral part of MSLK’s team, the primary responsibility of the Marketing Strategist is to develop, drive, and execute strategic and tactical brand development and marketing plans for our beauty clients. In addition, they will create and execute big picture activations to promote sales & brand awareness through all touchpoints while transforming trends into innovative marketing strategies.
– Passion for brand development and storytelling
– Must be an excellent communicator, natural leader, team player
– 3+ years practical experience developing and managing marketing plans (across platforms, including digital, print & social)
– Proven passion for social media (Instagram in particular)
– Understanding or interest in brand building in the beauty industry and its underlying trends
– Previous experience with new product development a plus
– Experience at innovative, fast-paced startups or indie beauty brands
– Must be unequivocally professional, ethical, and accountable
– Forward-thinking, organized, detail-oriented, multi-tasker, and self-motivated
– Exceptional written and verbal communication, interpersonal and time-management skills
– Must bring passion, positivity, energy, and enthusiasm to our team
– Must hold a valid US Works Visa, if international
– Works in collaboration with MSLK’s principal and creative team as well as with our external consultants
– Initiates insight-driven brainstorm sessions and supports ideation and concept development for existing product campaigns, new product campaigns and new product development
– Establishes go-to-market strategies, balancing both analytics, and budgets, providing clear direction for 360 campaigns and activation planning
– Evolves our client’s brand strategy, brand value proposition, mission and vision, ensuring the brand DNA remains cohesive across all communication channels
– Ensures marketing calendars are aligned with our client’s overarching strategic brand direction
– Tracks and analyzes product launches and overall product portfolio performance, ensuring & identifying key insights and learnings for future brand and product strategy evolution
– Develops consumer insights including target audience profiles
– Conducts ongoing competitor and industry analysis and reporting
– Identifies and negotiates brand, retailer, influencer & other partnership opportunities
– Define and develop ambassador and influencer marketing strategies to encourage advocacy and support key launches
– Has a clear and strategic POV about marketing in the beauty industry, including having a few recipes for marketing success that work is a tremendous plus.
– Develops and executes editorial & marketing calendars and budgets
– Prepares marketing decks/presentations for meetings and updating as needed: includes trend recaps and creating graphs and charts
– Manages content for all digital and social media platforms (e.g. Instagram, Tiktok, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, Google, and Youtube)
– Manages monthly campaigns inclusive of budget tracking such as developing, writing, and creating campaign briefing for content and identify additional creative support needed
– Analyzes, reviews, and reports on the effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results
– Proofreads own work and ensure accuracy of content. Also helps proof reads all studio work not as a professional proofreader, but as a fresh eye.
MSLK is a branding agency based in NYC and LA that specializes in helping beauty brands find their voice in today’s crowded market, sending a unified message through 360° brand positioning — from overall brand strategy to brand identity, packaging, retail experience, websites, social media campaigns and sales. MSLK is led by its award-winning founder, who is an industry-expert, noted speaker, and has successfully mentored countless designers, interns and students.
Located on a quiet residential street MSLK is purposely off the grid. Our office is full of bright light, high ceilings and music. We strive to capture the feeling of the classic art studio balancing long white clean work surfaces with lots of inspiration tacked up on our walls. We believe that everyone should be comfortable while they work and offer a full kitchen full of drinks and snacks combined with outdoor space to eat, drink and relax. Office outings to discover inspiration, studio games, and cocktails is not uncommon.